Environment Policy for Sustainable Tourism at Aurora Village Ivalo
Company management and the whole staff is dedicated to follow the company environment policy.
To execute sustainable travel and program services Aurora Village commits to follow the legal requirements and to evaluate and prevent operative environmental risks.
Our company commits to guide and lead our staff and customers to responsible actions by informing and instructing.
Aurora Village will aim at focusing especially on the following:
– Supporting the diversity of the nature by looking after the surrounding wildlife, waters and plants.
– Securing the local culture and way of living by supporting local stakeholders on our daily operations.
– The safety of our customers and staff by e.g. putting efforts on orientation of the employees.
We’re committed to developing our mode of operation according to the principles of sustainable development.
Here are some of our concrete acts in order to develop sustainable travel:
- We’ve added recycling possibility to all our cabins
- We’ve stopped using plastic water bottles in all our accommodation units
- We offer our clients environment friendly means to get to know local Lappish nature -> snowshoes, cross-country skis, toboggans, kick-sledges. We also rent bicycles (fatbikes).
- Hiking, biking and skiing tracks depart directly from our hotel. We inform clients about the paths and tracks at the reception.
- We collaborate with local companies and operators such as Hotel Ivalo, Club Nord Stable, Souvenir Shop Livva, local safari companies, local constructors and local reindeer farms.
- We support the wellbeing of local cultures and languages by informing and familiarizing our clients and staff with Sami culture in collaboration with representatives from the mentioned indigenous people.
- We support the diversity of the surrounding nature: birdhouses, insect hotel, salt stones etc.
- We put efforts in the know-how and wellbeing of our staff